Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I hate when the power goes out



I honestly HATE when we lose power, especially at night. Night time for me is my relaxation time. It's when I can finally sit down on the couch and watch some TV or sit at my desk on my computer. I had lots of ideas fr articles to post but couldn't last night as our internet was out. We had power but the TV was cutting in and out and not worth watching. I took advantage of this and cuddled up in my bed with a good book. It's been a while since I've done this and I really needed it.

A big part of being a stay at home mom is making sure you have time for yourself. Lately I have been getting increasingly testy and I believe that it was because at the end of the day it seems that there is no me left. I spend all day "waiting" on other people. Getting meals ready, getting snacks, cleaning up meals and toys and books and blankets, cleaning the house, filling up sippy cups with juice and the list goes on and on.

Everyone needs time to themselves to recollect. Set aside a time for YOU time each day. Whenever it fits into your routine, don't skip it and do chores instead, they can wait. My quiet time is now going to be for a little while after my daughter goes to be every night. I would do it in the morning but I am not a morning person. When do you fit in your "me" time? What do you like to spend your "me" time doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment