Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

How to spend less time on housework

Are you feeling overwhelmed with keeping up with your housework? I know the feeling. It feels like your house is never clean and you feel disorganized and chaotic. Recently, I have made several changes to improve my lifestyle and the living environment for my family. I was never really good at cleaning in fact, I loathed it until a couple months ago. I found out the reason is because I had no real method or routine on how to clean. Even my cleaning was disorganized. Here is what I did. I made a cleaning room and stuck to it. All of a sudden my house is almost always picked up and clutter free and my family is much more functional and happy.

Do the wet rooms first such as bathroom and kitchen. I usually start in the bathroom. Now, where do you start? Start on the left and work left to right, top to bottom. First things first, put some toilet cleaner in the toilet and let it soak while you do everything else. Knock down the cobwebs, wash the shower, wash the mirror, wash the sink, scrub toilet and flush, wipe baseboards, sweep, mop. A word about mopping, I actually scrub my floors on hands and knees, it is truly the only way to get it really clean. If you do this weekly your bathroom will be looking good. I use this method in all my other rooms as well but make slight changes to fit each room. I find that if I do this once a week in each room my house stays very clean and collected.

No comments:

Post a Comment